What does it cost to borrow on life insurance?Read Article
When is a raise not really a raise?Read Article
How do you teach a child the value of money?
Answering that question requires many years-- of your best child-rearing strategy. A youngster's attitudes toward money develop slowly through instruction, example, and personal experience. It's your job to see that your child gets as much of each as possible. Here's how:Read Article
What items should you keep in a safe-deposit box?Read Article
What's the simplest way to handle a will?
You need not list all your possessions-- or even know how much you are worth-- to make your will. Ordinarily, it is easiest and best to leave some specific property to named persons, and then direct your executor to distribute the rest on some kind of a percentage basis to all your other heirs.Read Article
How long will it take to double your money?Read Article
IT'S NEWS TO ME!
All-purpose safety light that floats is perfect for boating, camping, or hunting. Throws a quartermile beam and has a built-in red flasher for highway safety. Operates on a 6-volt battery.Read Article
What's new for your floors?
More color than ever! On these four pages our special printing process shows how the mood of a room changes with the color of the floor covering, whether vinyl or carpet. After you've seen these colorful floors, read how to choose the one for you, page 24.Read Article
WRONGS MADE RIGHT
Decorating is easy to do wrong, but if you know what you're doing, it's just as easy to do right. On the following pages, we show some decorating wrongs and rights. As you go through them, see if you can tell (before we tell you) which is the better of each pair of photos we show.Read Article
A fine house that can be built for $11,000Read Article
Place mats by the yard!
Pep up your table with a wardrobe of made-by-you place mats-- as practical as they are pretty. One of the easiest ways to give table settings a new look is to change the color, shape, or design of the place mats. We have eased the effort on your part with original designs that anyone can copy-- all in ample size to hold a place setting. There's a refreshing variety here to choose from.Read Article
Complete picture-steps to growing magnificent roses
The year 1963 offers two magnificent roses to add to your garden. Both these hybrid teas were chosen as All-America Rose Selections, the highest award an American rose can receive. Royal Highness (above), a frosty pink, dramatically fills the need for this subtle shade. Tropicana (right), is a glowing coral-orange. For sure success with these-- and any other-- roses, just fold out the pages.Read Article
They got more from what they had!
More of everything! More space for entertaining, more color, and more comfort. Martha and Dave Roberts, Inglewood, California, thought they didn't have enough room for the entertaining they like to do.Read Article
How many ways could you use this room?Read Article
What to know about stereo
If you're not a hobbyist, but the average person interested in having good music in your home, your choice is simply between two basic approaches to stereo: component sets and console units. Component stereo is not housed in one unit; instead, the various parts (record changer, amplifiers, speakers) are separate and can be arranged on shelves or tables. A console stereo unit usually has the record changer and amplifier in a cabinet.Read Article
HOW TO SCORE BETTER ON TESTS
To make good grades on tests and examinations, so vital to school success and college entrance, your youngster will need three forms of preparation. You can help him with all three. They are:Read Article
How, when, and why is a baby threatened by Rh trouble?
To begin with, 85 per cent of all women are classified Rh-positive, meaning that their blood contains the so-called Rh factor and they have no cause for worry; the problem will never affect them. Husbands of the remaining 15 per cent are asked to submit to an Rh test early in the wife's first pregnancy. About 15 per cent of the husbands also will be Rh-negative. When both husband and wife are Rh-negative, they are fully protected from trouble.Read Article
How to order plansRead Article
SHOPPING BY MAIL With Better Homes & GardensRead Article
The man next door
Whoever limited February to 28 days knew what he was doing.Read Article